There are a few blog posts in the wind but they require some more drying. I’ve been writing about what virtual archives of the future might look like. Think Matrix meets Who Do You Think You Are. There are also some thoughts on professional development and finding your people in an unfriendly environment.
This morning I was lured into an activity requiring me to list 10 books that have made an impression on me (thanks Nicole). Luckily I have recently spent several hours in the chair at the tattoo studio having just this conversation so I had my list refined and ready to go (thanks Kane).
Anyway, thought I would share.
Ten books that have made an impression on me.
1. Year of Wonders – Geraldine Brooks
2. The Red Tent – Anita Diamant
3. The Voyage of the Dawn Treader – CS Lewis
4. H is for Hawk – Helen Macdonald
5. Slaughterhouse Five – Kurt Vonnegut
6. The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
7. The Left Hand of Darkness – Ursula Le Guin
8. Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
9. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance- Robert Pirsig
10. Only Forward – Michael Marshall Smith*
** Disclaimer. I just started #10 yesterday but I can tell it will be a keeper. I’m twitchy and resentful of being at work as I would rather be reading this book.